Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

It's Christmas, and the family is celebrating it for the second time. This time to let the kids(nephew, niece and cousins (whom never quite celebrated to know the significances)) experience what Christmas is like, culturally and not religiously. It's great that Singapore is culturally diverse but still conservative in some other ways. Coming from a Muslim family, it's great that my family opened up to other celebrations. We did celebrate Chinese New Year while my late grandmother was still around(it doesn't really feel like a true CNY celebration but we made it a point to visit her), Christmas once before and I do occasional Deepavali at Kavitha's(my friend) place. Thecelebrations are just meant for a family gathering since it's a holiday. We'll feast and do exchanges whenever possible.

I've been with Starbucks for 8 years and gotten myself influenced by the Christmas celebration. Christmas period meant high sales, SB open house, great gifts and bonus. On top of that, it's shopping galore. All shops will be having sale. Even for a Muslim country like Malaysia, they have to incorporate Malaysia Year End Sale during Christmas because it's the highest revenue period, period.

Since it's Ilyas and Yanni's first Christmas, we're trying to go all out for them. We got a mini Christmas tree, presents and even a Christmas Turkey.

Check out the Our Little Family Dinner on Christmas Day.

And since I've been giving presents for past couple of years, I still do have to give again this year. At least I got my returns too...

Check it out...
I got my Christmas wish this year.
It came as it is, not wrap. Soooo not Christmas-y
They just know I LOVED the brand.
Not wrapped but boxed.
Still not Christmas-y enough.
A little something from my sister
And it's wrapped, now it fell like Christmas
 And what I gave,
Seems like a bit too much from Porter
So yeah. It's great celebrating other celebrations. Do it with an open heart and understand the implications of the holidays. It's a great exposure. Hopefully, the kids had a great time.

Ja Matta