Monday, December 6, 2010

New Year Resolution

Ok, I know it's way too early to start a new year resolution. It's not even Christmas yet. Fine, I just need to note it down and refer to it. It's something to do with the Law of Attraction. The more I think or refer about my goals, the higher chances of me heading to that direction. It's all about "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Go read it up.

Anyway, let's look back at what my 2010 resolution is about:

1. Achieve Starbucks Manager of The Quarter
2. Get out of Starbucks and get an airline related job
3. Get in a relationship (Direction for marriage, no more fooling around)

Simple enough. Yet I have only achieved resolution 2. I left Starbucks and joined Pratt & Whitney (Aircraft Engine Overhaul Company). Not able to join as Pilot, Cabin Crew nor Air Traffic Controller. But the position is good enough and the benefits are awesome to say the least. Will post about it more when I actually start working.

As for resolution 1, I got hindered by a situation at work that failed me to excel in my plans. It's too overwhelming to even start the action steps. As for resolution 3, lets just say I'm still searching for the right one.

Ok, 2011 is coming. I'm starting a new career and I still have intentions of travelling before marriage. So I have a list of things to achieve before 2012 steps in.

1. To continue studying, take up a bachelor degree
A benefit of the new career is a scholarship to continue study and there will be no bond attached to it. How wonderful is that. Will research on it around the 8th month of my probation. I need to settle down to my career first before venturing to something more constraining.

2. To travel to 3 uncharted location
2010 travelling bug has caught me for 2011. I managed to go Japan, Hong Kong, Tioman, Batam, Kuala Lumpur and Siem Reap in 2010. So I bet I can handle a few more travel locations. Places I would love to go is Korea for my birthday and New York by year end. I will leave 1 as an impromtu which would somehow be an ASEAN country or more specifically Bali (to relax).

3. To take up another conversational language
I hope to be multi-lingual at least. I can understand Mandarin and can speak but not too confident with it, even with numerous chinese friends. I managed to take up Japanese but did not managed to have a proper conversation due to limited resources. I did not complete the guide and did not interact much while in Japan. But I did use simple sentences that really helped. I also took up Korean and Khmer, but both are really tedious to comprehend. I will try Korean again since it's a targeted travel location.

4. Get into a relationship
I shall roll-over this resolution from past year. With all that I have planned, I'm not too sure if it's feasible. Hence it's the last resolution. Come What May, or I'll just roll-over to 2012. Marriage plans are from 2013 anyway.

So yeah for now. I'm quite happy with this resolution. I will reconfirm it again when 2011 draws near and from the way I look at it, it is what I shall work for.

Ja Matta