Tuesday, December 14, 2010

KINECT-ing

Ok, I told myself not to blog about games. Since I posted something about my collection in the earlier post, I could include my current hobby. It's not a new hobby, just something I'm doing more these days.

My latest console is my Xbox 360, on top of my old Xbox, Playstation, PC and Wii. Furthermore it's free!!! from my re-contract with Singnet. And the latest addition to my Xbox is the new Kinect, which was an early Christmas gift from a friend. My Christmas wish came true. I do have great friends.

I was wondering whether to get Kinect since it first announced. The whole body controller gimmick is truly interesting. I have Wii but the control movements are limited by the controller. There are a lot of add-ons to Wii to achieve the whole experience. As for Kinect, it's seems like just 1 add on for a whole body experience.

For $229, the Kinect comes with a game, Kinect Adventures.
The complementary game to Kinect purchase
Kinect Adventures is quite a boring game to play alone. But it'll be a laugh to play with others. A good game I would recommend for Kinect is Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. Ok it's not really a game, more like a program. It's a great workout program with a personal trainer and guides you with the different training requirements. You can even choose the type of concentration and be informed of your posture correction. But most of the workouts are in standing position because of the sensors. But if you can work out the sweat and be informed of the amount of calories lost is just awesome.
A great workout program. Not really a game
The only common problem I have with Kinect is that it requires a huge space to operate. You need to stay 2 meters away from the terminal. My Xbox360 is in my room and I still requires more space. My room is arranged in a very spacious manner I might add but with the limited space, I can only managed a 1 player gaming.

I would still recommend getting a Kinect if you need a full body workout. Even if it's a boring game, you can still work out the sweat. I personally love it. Next on the list is the Dance Central.
Ja Matta