Friday, December 3, 2010

Starbucks Thomson Plaza 2010 Open House

It has been quite a while since my last entry. Not much interesting things to mention since I came back from Siem Reap. Just managed to go for a couple of interviews, a family feast/gathering, a bit more interviews and catching up with some friends.

I can't recalled the last time I've been to Thomson Plaza. I've been to MacRitchie Reservoir at least once a week but failed to stop by TP. Managed to do it this week, and twice might I add.

On 2th Dec or every first Thursday in the month of December, Starbucks Singapore has been charitable by complimenting a tall beverage with any amount of donation from 5pm to 7pm. I've been helping out the event since it first launched in 2004 and even during my 2 years of national service. But this year, I choose not to take part. Though I still supported them by being a customer. Yes, I became one of those that queue up for the complimentary beverage. It's not about the FREE drinks, I can pay for it. It's about the spirit of the excitement. Hey, I was treated like a celebrity, everyone was shouting and cheering when I ordered. AWESOME, no other got that treatment. And yes I did provide the donation or donations since I donated at Pacific Plaza while I was out shopping earlier that day.

The team this year did a great job especially with the energy present. Sadly, it's mostly from the ex-partners which I was very surprised to see them volunteering behind the bar.

Whether I miss my life as a Starbucks Barista, yes but I'm happier that I'm out. It will always be a great memory and it will always be in my heart, both great and bad. Till next time, maybe an ex-partner gathering.

My awesome TP team that I miss dearly.
It'll be truly awesome if the rest were present too
More of Starbucks Thomson Plaza 2010 Open House

Ja Matta