Saturday, January 29, 2011

Watching the Neighbors Walk By

Finally managed to get a full weekend unlike other weekends where I'll spend a day in the office doing overtime. Felt great. So what's the first thing I did. I went to run some errands in the morning and ended the morning with my regular latte and a copy of the Straits Times. It was so packed inside the cafe that I sat outside facing the junction of Tampines Green and Tampines Park, my neighborhood.

Sitting at Starbucks alfresco is the best place to people-watch. My top favorite is at The old outdoor Parkway and Tampines. You'll see all sorts of life.

So sitting down overlooking the junction, I realized that there are lot of people living in my neighborhood. Duh! Fine maybe 25% of them are from other neighborhoods, making use of the plenty of white lots of the Tampines Green carpark or alighting passengers from the bus stop at Tampines Park. But amazing that majority are good looking and not The Phillips or non-SG.

I'm truly impressed, I'm living in a "Good Looking" neighborhood. LOL... It's either they look good or they dressed well. Could it be that's it's a neighborhood status because we're living across Tampines Mall, Century Square or Tampines 1. No wonder my siblings dressed up whenever we go out to Tampines Mall, which we considered our void-deck Mama shop.

And true enough, my neighbors dressed according to the Eastern/Western Singaporean classification. LOL... It's just an observation I had with my SB partners on differentiating people from different locations in Singapore. Go figure, majority of a certain area has proper dress code; matching colors and shoes, another may have all the brands but no dressing coordination. Even for some who don't even bother what they wear or what brand they owned, they dressed acceptably.

Well, it's just my observation. You should try it some time. Take an alone time and observe the world walks by. It's kind of a stress relieving activity.

Ja Matta!