Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Topic Continues

My cousin just got back from his job training in California for 7 months. Lucky him. From all his facebook updates and posts, it seems like he's having a ball of a time. That includes his shopping and toys escapades. I did asked him to get me just one thing, which did cost a lot but I would love to get it because it's not found locally.
Ghostbuster II giftset
And on top of that, he gave away some of his California possesions such as his TMNT Technodrome Scout vehicles and some loose yet complete Transformers: Rise of the Fallen short on space myself. Though he did mentioned if I'm able to sell them off, he would like some of the proceeds to cover back the expenses. I guess it's best that I'll pass him 75% of the earnings.

Anyway, it has been ages since we last met. We don't normally meet even for Hari Raya because either one of us will be working, and we no longer have an elderly to gather all the cousins since our grandmother passed away many years back. The only time we get to meet is during cousins wedding.

And that's where the topic began. Out of the four cousins of the same age (we used to call ourselves Ninja Turtles), the second eldest got married 1-2years back. The youngest is planning to get married in November this year, leaving his brother, the third turtle and myself in the bachelorhood. Though my third turtle cousin is already in an open relation and by looks of it, he is happy with it. Hence left me in the singlehood.

I'm happy with what I have right now. I would still love to get married and have kids. But I don't feel it's time. I have yet to achieve my dreams, to explore and experience New York City. That was the promise I made with my mum. Once I conquered New York, she can bring in all the suitors. Apparently there are two in line, one from mum and the other from dad.

And now, with the new employment benefits where the company will sponsor their employees to continue study without a bond, my mum persuaded me to continue study. That became my 2011 resolution, hence marriage will be delayed further.

But it seems like the second turtle spoilt the market. He got married during his undergrad years and both husband and wife are happily married. They are now in Japan for an exchange program where the wife took 3 months leave to accompany him and cook for him (He grew skinnier in just a month period). How sweet. So if he can do it, why not me? But my mum is still supportive. She believe in chasing the dream. She already have two grandkids, so I'm not badly pressured. Now I just have to settle with all the aunties. I'm so gonna get it.

There are about 3 relatives getting married this year. The question will never end.