Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MacRitchie Tree Top Trail

I've been dying to know how the HSBC Tree Top Trail is. I've been asked by customers so many times about it during work. And most of the time I directed them to MacRitchie's Main entrance. When I looked it up in the Internet, the nearest entrance was actually at Venus Drive, 2 roads up from Thomson Plaza. Hahahaha My Bad...

While researching, I grew fond of what the trail has to offer. So on 11 Oct 2010, I took the opportunity to explore since my friend, Din wanted to jog at MacRitchie.

A trusted map I took and store in my camera for references, just in case I got lost.
I started my trail from Venus Carpark. It was roughly 3.8km to the treetop trail. From the main entrance, it's 5km away. The whole track from Venus Drive to the entrance of the tree top trail took me about 45mins with a quick stopover at the Rangers station for water refill.

It's another 0.3km from the Rangers station to the entrance of the Tree Top trail. Don't believe the signage, it states only 0.2km from the Rangers station and it's an upslope climb. Once you reached the top, you are directed to go down a long stretch of stairs. WTH??
Entrance to the Tree Top Trail
The trail is only 0.25km long and it's quite rocky. But the view is quite magnificent. It's a one-way path so there is no turning back and no stopping. Since I was the only one on top, I took my time for some scenery viewing.

Once I had enough, it's another 4.7km trail back to the main entrance. It took me another 1:45 hours to reach the main entrance. It's took that long because of few stops for photos and a climb up Jelutong Towers for about 10mins. 
Jelutong Tower. A 7-storey climb to see the magnificent view
A quick photo shot taken by a monkey of a monkey
Poor Din waited for about an hour for me

For more photos, visit my facebook album MacRitchie Trail

Ja Matta