Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Journey Till The Last Brew

The day have finally arrived, my last shift with Starbucks on 8 October 2010. It felt sad yet thrilling.

I've been with the company for a total of 8 years. I started as a part time barista at Parkway Parade from Jan 2000 to July 2003, till the day the store closed. I had a month stay in Jalan Jamal and was then posted to a new home at the new Changi Airport Terminal 2. I got promoted to a part time shift manager there but my journey ended due to National service. My last day in T2 was actually the first Starbucks Open House. It was truly a great day to remember by.

During NS, I was still true to the company.I still came back as a customer almost every weekend. And I also came back to help out during the open house.

After NS, I didn't really thought of coming back to Starbucks but to chase my dreams instead. My applications had been quiet for 3 months so I joined back Starbucks. It reignite the passion for service and became a role model for that passion. I returned to Temasek Towers as a full time shift manager. I became part of CSR Star Team for continuous involvement with community service opportunities and events. A year in TT, I went through Retail Management Training in Marina Square for a month before I returned back to TT. On my 25th birthday, I had the opportunity to open a new store at Centrepoint. I got promoted to Assistant Store Manager and my stay lasted for 6 months before I got transferred to Plaza Singapura. There I continued my journey as an ASM till my next birthday, I was promoted to Store Manager of Thomson Plaza.

In my new role, there were many challenges and obstacles but I managed to overcome it with support from my partners, peers and my District Managers.The 1 year 5 months journey as SM has been fruitful till it eat me up when my team started leaving 1 by 1 over a course of 5 months. Their departure is something beyond my control. To relieve the strength has been slow till the team came in to help relieve each other. And I have been running on 1+1 managerial  team for 5 months. It ate my health till I was hospitalized.

Recently, I had the opportunity to relive my dream. I took it but failed. I will try again to achieve it, with knowledge of my first attempt. And I decided to leave without any future employment. I would like to take a break before I venture on to the next career opportunity.

Thank you Starbucks for the most memorable stay. Thank you all partners and peers for all the support and guidance that you provided me. I'll see you guys during the Ambassador Cup, my official last day.

Like during NS, I'm will continue being your loyal customers.

Au Revoir.
For the last time
08 Oct 2010 16:30hrs
Hanging of the Green Apron
02 Feb 2007 - 08 Oct 2010