Sunday, May 24, 2015

Impulsive Gluttony

I've been planning to travel to Kuala Lumpur right after my exams but held back due to some commitments. However as the day grew closer, which should be fully concentrated on my exams, I decided to impulsively book the flight a few days before my last paper.

I managed to ask a classmate to follow, sort of a travel companion tryout for my study trip in 2016. He passed but need some ground rules set especially those time related matters.


My urge to Kuala Lumpur was basically to satisfy my cravings for food before the Ramadan month starts. I craved for the local Burger Ramli special, Pesto Spaghettini at Ben's, Nasi Ayam Hainanese, kerepok lekor and sorts. The results ended pathetically. Many of the food stall that I know were closed due to the MRT construction in the area, and/or we didn't had sufficient time to look for them.
I knew a 24 hour stay is very limited but it was fruitful when an objective was set. I had my list of things to do and my classmate didn't. He was there to follow but his time sensitivity was quite lacking as we were rushing for time. We were one of the last few passengers to finally board the plane. It was so close to missing our flight due to the journey to the satellite terminal. 

Though I have to admit that we were able to tolerate each other which was crucial for our study trip. We need to set some ground rule for that.