Sunday, April 19, 2015

Staying Young As We Grow Older

A week from now, I will be celebrating my birthday. By numerical age, I am considered old within my peers but I can still fool others by my outlook and well being. Products are not the only thing that can mask your age but something I came to realise when I set up this whole blog, The Journey Beyond Quarter Century.

I stopped counting my age by 25 (quarter century) and looked into the journey that I ventured on. I don't really celebrate my birthday by parties and gatherings. I don't expect my family and friends to pour me with gifts like how I've spoilt them. Of course I will be grateful for the gifts but it has been a fact that giving me a present would be head-bursting ordeal as I've satisfied myself with all the material needs/want like those in SINs.

I prefer to stay away on my own that very day and count my blessings instead of my age. That is why I am always away that very day. I found satisfaction by immersing myself into new experiences and surroundings. That has always been the best present I've gotten either by myself or others.
My First Solo Trip - Hong Kong and Macau
Experience Business Class Flight (Pure Orgasm)
Another adventure to South Korea - Busan, Jeju and Seoul
A very rewarding trip as I got to try and converse in Korean
A crashed birthday getaway by Hakimbo that I was grateful of.
I've gotten to experience more than just bumming around
Back to Hong Kong with Diane for Disneyland.
Broke my stubbornness of not going to theme parks and actually had fun
Well, it does not mean that you have to be on a trip on your birthday. Just find something new to do that you can enjoy. Remember that materialism is a temporary happiness. That smile will turn to a frown once it's broken or lost. The memory of experience will be everlasting which will continuously bring back a smile when you look back. Invest once and the reward will be recurring.

So, the actual secret of staying young is being HAPPY and GRATEFUL. Count your blessing and experience, and not by the materials you hope people will get for you. Life is temporary, we don't get to bring them all when we passed on. That wrinkle that appears when we smile is more beautiful that the wrinkle from stress.

So remember, I like my moment of introversion on my birthday. I'll be grateful of your present of staying away from me. I'll still be grateful of gifts and blessing too. Gastronomical experience are most welcome also. HAHAHAHA...