Saturday, June 25, 2011

Means of Replenishing Reserve

All the while I've expected to be summoned by the traffic police for my driving but this is utterly rydikulez. My first summon is for jaywalking. I was taught to look right and left to check if the road is safe to cross, even for jaywalking.

As the road beside Tampines Interchange's McDonalds was cleared of buses, I safely crossed the road when I noticed someone waving at me. That someone was a fully uniformed traffic police. When he asked for my identification, I can't help but to laugh at my luck. Between my best friend and myself, I'll be the one waiting for the green man. Just for this instance, I saw my bus arriving hence I made my way across once cleared. Sadly I got stopped and missed my bus.

When he returned my identity card, he mentioned to expect a $20 summon to be sent to my address. Fine, I admit it's my mistake that I jaywalked but seriously, shouldn't the police be deployed elsewhere. There are more pressing matter with the rise of dead bodies found over a 3-month period. I would made that comment to the dear traffic policeman but I knew he was just following orders. What are his superiors thinking?

I would conclude that all this was done to replenish the country's reserve. Since the last GE2011, concerns of high cost living were the issue. The government is planning to cut down certain expenses but with the pension payout to 5 ministers, the country reserve may not be sustainable. Hence to replenish the reserves and to relive the reputation of a "Fine" city, they are taking action.

말도 안돼