Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ending the Journey

Nope, I'm not closing this blog. It's a great place for me to pour out anything that I'll have a hard time pouring to people without them waiting while I thoroughly think thru what to say. Though it's an end of a journey I started 10 years back and continued 3 years ago.

Yup it'll be the end of my Starbucks Journey, again. I first joined the company in 2000 as a barista in Parkway and left in 2004 in Terminal 2 as a shift manager for NS. I joined back in 2007 because I did not found any employment for 3 months. So I rejoined Starbucks as Shift Manager and worked my way up to Store Manager within 2 years.

Recently, about 5 months back, my work has been taking a toll on my health since people started to leave beyond my control. The people leaving are like taking MRT and the people coming in are like taking the Monorail. My remaining team and me have been working our asses to make ends meet. We still managed to meet or exceed AOP but the tiredness wore us down.

5 months had passed and I've been thru A&E 4 times, the last got me admitted. I did voiced out my concerns to my District Manager and she helped and supported me in many ways, but somehow it was not able to hold for long. There was a pivotal point where I gave up, due to work and health constrain. I gave up and threaten to leave by end of October. It could have been earlier but I need to find my next employment so I delayed the serving notice.

My DM consulted me to continue and not leave in defeat. But after being hospitalized, I believed she realized that this job has taken a huge toll in my health and finally accepted my resignation.

In this 2 week of leave, I have 2 interview opportunities that I'll venture. I'm praying that either one will take me in because I'll be leaving Starbucks no mattter what by the end of October.